Run for Your Life Fundraising Champions
Social Media Tips
- You will also be given an option to integrate with Facebook after you sign up as a Fundraising Champion. If you are on Facebook, we highly recommend doing this, as it makes it easy for people to donate. People can donate directly to your Facebook Fundraiser or through your Run Sign Up link. It will all go towards your goal!
- If you choose to post about suicide, please use the phrase “died by suicide” or “passed away from suicide” or “completed suicide.” Please avoid using the term “committed suicide.” This is an outdated term that implies that suicide is a crime and furthers the stigma around the issue.
- You are welcome to share your own story of mental health, however, only if you are ready and comfortable. If you need help working through how you would share that story, please reach out to Mandy at the Help Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Videos or Facebook Live is a great way to share your fundraiser!
- If you want to link directly to the Help Center: www.bozemanhelpcenter.org
- If you want to provide the Help Center as a resource in your post, use 406-586-3333.
- ALWAYS include your fundraising link in your post!
- Mentioning your goal is helpful in your posts, but not necessary.
- Posting information about suicide may bring up feelings for some. If anyone reaches out to you in crisis or needing help, please refer them to the Help Center at 406-586-3333. This includes yourself!
- Using hashtags is helpful. Here are ideas: #runforyourlife #runforyourlifebozeman #fundraisingchampion #runforacause #walkforacause #r4ylbozeman #suicideprevention
- We love when fundraisers tag us! If you don’t follow the Help Center already, please do!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bozemanhelpcenter/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/bozemanhelpcenter
- Use our graphics page for images, or use your own!
Sample Social Media Posts
Feel free to change and use your own voice! These are only examples.
- “I am a Run for Your Life Fundraising Champion! Donate to my personal fundraiser to HELP me HELP the Help Center and raise funds for suicide prevention.
- "Preventing suicide one step at a time. Help me reach my fundraising goal of _______ to raise funds for the Help Center's suicide prevention efforts.
- “Help me make every step count. Donate to my Run for Your Life fundraiser and raise money for suicide prevention.”
- “I am running/walking Run for Your Life, a fun run for a deep purpose. Donate today and help me reach my goal of____________.”
- “I am running/walking for my own mental health and those I love. Donate to my fundraiser for the Help Center, who is there 24/7 to anyone who needs them.”
- “I am running/walking on October 31st for Run for Your Life, a fundraiser for the Help Center. Help me make every step count by donating to my fundraiser.
- “I am running/walking in honor of ________ at Run for Your Life. Help make every step count and donate to my Run for Your Life fundraiser.”
- “I am running/walking in honor of ________ at Run for Your Life. Please help me honor them by donating to my Run for Your Life fundraiser, to raise funds for the Help Center.”
- “The Help Center is an organization near and dear to my heart. Please help me raise funds for their suicide prevention efforts.”
- “Did you know Montana has ranked in the top 5 states for suicide rates for the past 30 years?” Help me change that story by donating to my fundraiser for the Help Center.”
- “We can all help prevent suicide. Help the Help Center by donating to my personal fundraiser.”
- “Did you know the Help Center has been around since 1971, operating 24 hours a day as a crisis and suicide line (406-586-3333)? Donate to my fundraiser to help them continue their work in our community.”